Now I have seen and have made those tissue paper balls. But here is a little twist to it…. I used napkins instead of tissue paper and I love the look of it.
What You’ll Need:
- Large and small party napkins (I got some of mine from the dollar store)
- Twist ties (like the ones from garbage bags or loafs of bread) or string or even teeny tiny rubber bands (like the ones for little kids hair)
The How To:
- First decide which color napkins you want to use to create your flower. Pick 2 colors.
- Take 4 of the larger napkins.
-Then unfold them and lay them on top of each other.
- Now use 1 of the smaller napkins and unfold it and lay it on top of the big napkins.
- Now comes the part that is just like making those paper fans that we used to make growing up.
- Fold the napkins like an accordion…. and keep folding and folding and folding until you have folded the whole napkin stack.
- Then I folded the accordion in half to find the middle of it.
- This middle spot is where I secured it with the twist tie or string.
- Now on each end of your ‘fan’ you are going to want to cut the ends. Making them rounded or like a half circle.
- Next carefully lift the smaller napkin up (remember to do it carefully so you don’t accidentally rip the napkin)
- Then cut the edge of the smaller napkin so that it is not a straight line….making it a scalloped edge.
- When that is done start lifting up the different layers of the bigger napkins.
- And then rearrange them to your liking.
I just love the look of these flowers. Using the napkin makes it feel like it is almost made out of fabric.
These ones almost look like the flowers found on lilly pads.
And I just couldn’t help it. With a new little one on the way I made some smaller ones to decorate the wall with. I just LOVE pink and grey together!
ps….this is a great craft for kids too!