With Easter coming up I’m sure some of us need to make some hair bows to match some pretty little Easter Dresses. Here is a quick and easy hair bow called “The Pinwheel”What you’ll need:
-Ribbon (about 2 yards)
-Jewelry Wire (about 9 inches)
-Hot Glue Gun
1. First, cut a 9 inch piece of ribbon and set aside for later. Then cut a 24 inch piece of ribbon and loop the length around three times, until ends of ribbon are pointing in opposite directions. (as shown above)
2. Gather the ribbon in the center by pinching the ribbon together.
3. Use the jewelry wire to wrap around the gathered center a few times. Wrap the wire ends around each other all to the end and wrap that around the gathered center too.
4. Now here is where you use your 9 inch piece of ribbon you cut earlier. (step one) Tie a knot in the center of the ribbon. Gently pull to make it tight. (but not too tight)
5. Hot glue the knot onto the center of the gathered bow. Covering the wire. Turn bow over.
6. Wrap the ribbon around the back, trimming off the extra length of ribbon. Secure it in place with hot glue. Hot glue your hair clip in place before you glue down the last end in the center.
7. Trim the ends of the ribbon with the scissors at an angle or in a “V” shape. (Use ‘Fray Check’ on the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying.)
That’s all there is too it! Simple and sweet!