My youngest and I were a little bored today so we decided to make our own sugar cubes.
They are SO easy to make! My 5 year old did pretty much everything on her own.
What You'll Need:
- A bowl
- A fork and spoon
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- An ice cube tray
The How To:
- First pour your cup of sugar into the bowl
- Then make an indentation in the middle of the sugar and pour your Table spoon of water into it.
- Next, use your fork to mix the sugar and water. It should have the consistency of wet sand....like the kind used to make sand castles.
- Now, take your spoon and fill up the spots on the ice cube tray.
- Be sure to use the back of your spoon to really compact the sugar in each mold (that's where I had to help out).
- Then we let them sit out for about an hour to dry out and harden(if you live in a humid place you will need to let them sit out longer)
-When they were ready we turned the ice cube tray upside down and gently tapped the sugar cubes out.
And now they are ready to eat!